Welcome to the world of essential oils! This page is devoted to information about Young Living oils and why we love them. You can also find information about purchasing your own kit when you’re interested. 🙂
Reasons why we love Young Living essential oils: We use them daily from sun up to sun down. There are so many reasons to love EO’s!
- Thieves helps to support and boost our immune systems so that we’re able to keep germs and sickness at bay and heal faster when we do get sick.
- I rarely drink plain water anymore. I love boosting the flavor and the benefits with oils! Lemon, Peppermint + Grapefruit are my favorites to give my water a nice kick.
- Beat allergies by diffusing Lemon+Lavender+Peppermint. It also smells *AMAZING*, helps you to focus and can keep your mind calm and at ease.
- Have a snoring husband? Drop Valor on his big toe at bedtime. Happy silent night!
- I don’t know where we would be w/o our sleep cream for our toddler!!!
- Forget to put the wet clothes in the dryer? Add a drop of Purification to help freshen the load!
- Stinky bathroom? Purification is also great to drop on the inside of the toilet paper roll. Voila clean scent with every twist of the roll!
- Peppermint is my favorite for headaches and migraines. I haven’t picked up a Tylenol or Advil in months!! No need anymore. 😀
- Peppermint also doubles for tummy aches. Just mix a few drops with a carrier oil (I prefer jojoba oil) and swipe across the abdomen.
- We love diffusing Peace&Calming + Lavender in the evenings to help the family wind down from the day.
- Rough day? Add Lavender to your bath.
- Spiders hate the scent of Peppermint. 😉 Winning!!!
- Stress Away is a Mommy must have in my opinion! I don’t start my day w/o it!!
- I’m about to gross you out… Did you know there are thousands of tiny BUGS that live on your eyelashes? Yep. Ewww! They also eat away at your lashes causing the short stumpy lashes most of us women have as an adult. Want to get rid of them and at the same time lengthen and thicken your lashes? Put a drop of lavender in non-waterproof (regular) mascara. No more icky bugs! Hellooooo long lush eyelashes!!
- I love adding a couple drops of Thieves to my dishwasher for extra clean dishes!!
- When I have a long drive to make, I always have my Lemon+Peppermint on hand. Wakes me right up!
- I use Frankincense+Lavender mixed with Jojoba oil every morning as my facial moisturizer. My skin has improved SO MUCH! Who likes those wrinkles anyway?! Not me! 😛
- We start every morning with our “Happy Morning” roller blend. It has Orange+Peppermint. It has a happy scent and Orange has the added benefit of being an immune booster to help fight off germs as we go about our day. 🙂
- I love my homemade sugar scrubs using Essential Oils!!
- I put Thieves on the bottoms of my kids’ feet each night to keep sickness away too!
These are only a minor part of how we use EO’s in our daily life! This isn’t the half of it!! I have a Pinterest board with many uses of them as well! I love Pinterest and you can find so many uses and ideas on there! Just always remember to do your own research as well. You can’t believe *everything* you read on the internet. 😉
Just what are Essential Oils anyway?? I know when my friends first started talking about EO’s I was the one who rolled my eyes at them. Really I did. But secretly I was pretty curious. So I started doing some research. I found out that there are *a lot* of different brands and also store bought vs purchasing online. It was a little overwhelming!! I started bookmarking different websites and blogs so that I could sit down and read through them during the baby’s nap-times. Little by little I began uncovering the benefits of oils and the reasons behind why it’s important to research the company you choose to be a part of.
Most people seem to think that EO’s are basically glorified fragrances. But they are SO MUCH MORE than that!! I mentioned some of the uses above. But again, those are just a few. Essential Oils are powerful, therapeutic oils that can be used in a variety of ways! Essential Oils are the vital fluids of the plants. Some refer to them as the plant’s “life blood”. Or in other words, “essential”, meaning they are *needed* and necessary for the plant to have life!! EO’s date back thousands of years. They were used in Ancient Egypt and China. Goodness, even the three wise men brought Jesus some Frankincense!!
I’ll post a few links to some of the blogs/websites that helped me to understand a little better:
Why should I choose Young Living Essential Oils over the bargain brands??? I get it. Essential Oils aren’t cheap. But they are worth every penny when you purchase the right ones. I chose Young Living for the purity of the oils. No chemicals. No expiration date. They are high quality therapeutic grade and safe for everyone to use. I use them topically, internally and diffused. They have changed the way I live my life.
Ready to purchase your own kit? Want to know how to get Young Living Essential Oils at Wholesale Cost? …….. No, you’re not signing your life away. No, you’re not obligated to purchase more (but you will only because you will be in LOVE with them!). 😉 Becoming a wholesale member is just like signing up for a Sam’s Club membership. It’s a way to guarantee you cheaper pricing and the ability to purchase your own EO’s whenever you’d like. When you sign up under me, I can also add you to the Joy Droppers Facebook group so you can glean tons of information and read success stories from others!!
Young Living – Sign-Up
Okay I have my kit and my Essential Oils… Now what???? It’s important to read the booklet that came with your kit and check to verify which oils can be applied “neat” (directly to skin) and which oils require a carrier oil. I use a carrier oil 99% of the time for the main reason that I like to lengthen the life of my EO bottles. Also with children you will want to use a carrier oil. Essential Oils are strong and they work! But please remember safety always. 🙂
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Images source: Young Living